I know a lot of you have been wondering why the heck I haven’t been writing. The truth is, I have been writing, just not here. On average, I’m still doing 3-6 interviews a month with various media outlets. In the last 2 weeks alone I’ve done 4 interviews for TV, internet and newspaper media. So where are the stories?
- Appreciation Story
- I’m on Wikipedia! Pretty inaccurate to be honest.
There are a lot more stories out there if you’re willing to search. I recently did another story on Fox. Someone who works for ESPN just called and wants to do yet another story (after the 5 already done). Because I’m not interested in making this a pat-me-on-the-back website, you’ll just have to keep your eyes peeled if you really want to read more.
I’m slowly plugging away on my book. In doing so, I’ve learned a few things.
- In addition to a lot of my memory, I’ve lost some of my vocabulary. I’m having trouble finding the words to effectively communicate what I’m trying to say.
- I am not very good at embellishing the truth. I’m definitely not the next Tom Clancy fiction writer. I’m a lot better at writing the raw gritty truth.
- This book is going to take LOT longer to write than thought. Because it takes me a lot longer to do anything, and because I’ve lost a lot of my vocabulary, it’s going to take a lot of writing and revising to get it right.
- Its hard to figure out how truthful to be. Where do you draw the line at what you say and who you piss off? I think the best policy is to simply be honest and accurate and tell exactly how everything happened.
That’s all for now.